Yesterday, I shared about our recent #DisneySide party, and mentioned the awesome lemonade recipe I made for the mommies who came with their girls. I hope you’re excited (I sure am), because I’m sharing my original recipe for Fruit Infused Honey Lemonade with you today!
I saw a similar recipe somewhere in a book ages ago, and have been dying to try out my own version. I wanted to offer my adult guests something other than cupcakes and water (because frosting and sprinkles are enough mess for preschoolers, that’s why), so I
used my friends as guinea pigs surprised my friends with this yummy, refreshing beverage while the girls decorated their cupcakes.
It’s a super easy and quick recipe you can whip up in minutes!
I prepared this recipe on an individual basis, since I only needed three glasses of lemonade, but the recipe at the end of this post is setup to make a large pitcher of lemonade all at once. Here’s how I did it quick and easy for just three people, if you find that works better for your needs, or want to test this out by yourself before making a full batch…
1. Set out three glasses (I used clear disposable tumblers) and fill with four to six ice cubes, each.
2. Add six to ten frozen blueberries and raspberries (any berry-sized fruit or pieces of fruit will work).
3. Squeeze the juice of one small lemon into each cup (watch out for seeds).
4. Melt one tablespoon of honey (I prefer local raw honey) for five seconds in the microwave, divide and drizzle over the contents of each cup.
5. Stick your cups in the freezer for ten to fifteen minutes, allowing the mixture to become mostly solid (it’s okay to let it freeze completely if your time frame demands it).
6. When you’re ready to serve your guests, remove the cups from the freezer a few minutes ahead of time, then fill with cold water.
7. Serve with a straw or stir stick so your guests can blend the flavors as the infused ice melts.
- 12-16 ice cubes
- 1 c. frozen berries (or other fruit, diced small)
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lg. lemons)
- ¼ c. local raw honey, melted
- Add ice cubes and berries (or other fruit) to a large pitcher or gallon jar.
- Pour freshly squeezed lemon juice over the ice and fruit.
- Melt the honey in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, until liquid.
- Drizzle melted honey over mixture.
- Place pitcher or jar into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until slushy.
- Fill the pitcher or jar with cold water, and stir.
- Serve over ice cubes if desired.
What’s your favorite summer beverage?
Don’t forget to enter our #DisneySide giveaway!